A Smart Group is a special widget as on its own, it does nothing. It only works with other widgets attached to it.
The Smart Group widget has three main use cases.
- Group together multiple widgets and move / animate them together in the final ad and in edit mode.
- The Smart Group slightly resembles the ‘Smart Object’ in Photoshop, in which only the graphics within the parameters of the Smart Group are displayed while everything else is cropped.
- Work on and move widgets within the Smart Group. Widgets remain fully functional within a Group. The only difference is that their X and Y parameters refer to the Smart Group widget, and not the regular Canvas.
Creating a Smart Group
- Drag a Smart Group widget onto the canvas.
- Drag other widgets onto the canvas.
- In the Layers Panel, drag the widgets that should be part of the Smart Group onto it. Once done, they will a subpart of it.
- Please note:
- The order of the widgets in the sublayer is important as the first one will be presented on top.
- Make sure all the graphics you need to be visible are located within the parameters of the Smart Group or they will be cropped.
- Configure each widget by selecting it in the layer panel.